Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Crew Assignment (Barista)

For my crew assignment I have been assigned to help with the Barista project by Alex Joliffe. My job is to collect textures that can be used to decorate the backgrounds of the animation.

I have looked at many material surfaces mainly man made. Here are the photos I took:-











I have also been assigned to take pictures of tea cups to help Alex as a reference for his cup designs in the animation where the latte is poured. Here are the photos:-










Now I have been assigned to a more interesting job which is sound recording. I found this task very exciting and enjoyable because I do have interest into sound development. Using the M Audio recordable device was very fun and inspiring and when recording the sounds I found myself listening to sounds in more detail than I would normally. It did take a little time to get used to using the recorder but when I sussed it out it became so much fun. Unfortunately I was not able to get all the sounds I intended to get but Alex was still great full for the work.

Here are the sounds exported in this video:-


video

11second Fourth Animatic and Final

Week 5. Now I have finished the final animation that has been put together with a few edits made to it so works in the best way I hope. I would say there is a lot of room for improvement and I don’t really expect to have good place in the 11second competition. But overall I really did enjoy working on this animation and I have quickly learnt a lot from the programs I used.

video


Week 4. This is basicly just a simple 25 frame clip of the background at the same time length as the audio. It plays a specific part of the situation that I have created by listening to the sound clip.


video

11second Third Animatic

Week 3. My third animatic shows the finished character animations that are ready to be put together with the audio file and the background. The movements are in good timing to the audio thanks to the help of my dope sheet.


video

11second Second Animatic

Week 2. My second animatic shows the movement experiments that I intend to use and the character designs that are not going to involve much detail. This is because the aim of this project is to animate characters acting the words out not just by lip sync but body language as well.


video

Tuesday, 23 November 2010

EP Production Report Update

23rd November and I have just finished animating in room at home. The idea was to pan camera shot around the room passing the visualization effects on the walls as each picture was taken. It was quite hectic, time consuming and annoying at times when I had to retake a number of pictures every time I went out of sync. Eventually I never gave up and I managed to finish animating with in 3 days, (Saturday to Monday). Back in the studio I have now formed the sequence of 1375 images into a video and put it with the sound file. It took me a while to figure out how to put the files together but in the end I put the images in Stop Motion Pro and made the video. Then I put the video on Premiere Pro along with the sound file and exported the final project. Now I need to fall over and die! LOL!


video

Wednesday, 17 November 2010

11second First Animatic

Week 1. My first animatic describing situation design and character positions. I have come up with a 2d animation idea that I hope will create humour from the use of the sound clip that states that on character has stolen something and the other character is highly emotionally angry about it.




video

Monday, 15 November 2010

EP Production Report Update

Update of my production report on the 15th Nov. I have been practising on some visualization effects for my track timing it well with my dope sheet. It consists of various patterns moving in time of the sounds from the song and an animated mouth singing some of the vocals. I am experimenting on how music can be seen and what we can show as our first sudden imagination at the first time we hear music. I believe it is a great way to show what we are thinking when we are listening to music.


video video

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Experimental Production Report

For my first production report of my experimental animation up till Tuesday 2nd Oct I have managed to mark down all the sounds I want to animate on my dope sheet. The music track I have chosen is Alsema-A which I believe contains beautiful drum beats and powerful vocal sounds. I have personally customized the marks and my dope sheet in my own way that appeals to me. I have yet to prepare a plan for my scene of my stop motion animation which is the animation style I’m going to use.